Sunday 18 November 2012

Winter Skin Routine

Why hello there... I have a Skin care post for you all this Sunday



In Scotland the weather is pretty much always the same; Grey and Wet, so i have never really needed to change my skin care routine. Canada however is a whole other kettle of fish!! When I arrived in August my skin was painfully greasy and I had to change lots of my products. Now That we are a few weeks into November my skin has taken a bit of a hit with this freeeeeeeeeeezing cold weather ... and I know the worse is still to come so getting a winter skin routine down now is really important to look after my skin over the coming winter months!

Liz Earle | Cleanse and Polish 100ml | £14/ $22

Bioderma 250ml | $16/ £10

The First part to a good make up routines is a good cleanser, or in this case, two! First I use Bioderma to remove all my make up as soon as I get in from School. Just before bed I then Cleanse with the Liz Earle Cream cleanser that really gets all the dirt off your face while leaving your skin soft and smooth and it does not strip away all your natural skin oils.

Lush | Tea Tree Toning Water 100ml | £3.95 $9.95

Next I lightly tone my face with this Lush Toning water, I spray a few spritzes on my face and wipe off any residue  with a cotton pad! This is a light toner that tone not over tighten your pours so perfect for the winter when you want to keep as much moisture in your skin as possible.

Nivea | Aqua Sensations day cream 50ml | £10/ $22 

The Body Shop | Nutriganics eye cream 15ml | £14 / $20

Jouviance | rejuvenating anti-againg cream (sample 5ml) 50ml $93.50
The Final, and most important stage in my winter skin care routine is moisturising!! A good Moisturiser will depend a lot on your skin type, for me anything too like will dry out my skin and anything too heavy will break me out (even during the winter months) A product that I have been loving is the Nivea  Visage Aqua Sensations day cream. It has a light fragrance and quickly seeps into the skin and when I wake up the next morning my skin feels soft and smooth!

Also this time of year is to take EXTRA care or your eye area! I am currently using two eye creams. This first is one of my all time favourites for getting rid of under eye bags : The body shops Nutriganics range smoothing eye cream. Also from this Months Glossy box I am using a richer formula to really hydrate the eyes; Jouviance 3 in 1 day, night and eye cream. Its an anti-aging formula so it is really rich and perfect for this time of year!

An Extra tip to great winter skin (or great skin in general) is water!! It is more important that ever to keep you skin hydrated! If you are not a fan of water, add some squash or fresh fruit to give it some more flavour but by always having a bottle at hand it will help to keep your skin looking fresh!!

Whats your go-to winter skin saver??

Thats All for Now
Sxx


No comments:

Post a Comment