Saturday 14 July 2012

Health | Mealtime Teatime: Tuna Stake and Kale Salad

Hello everyone!!

As a part of my Health page I thought I would add my favourite cheap (I'm still a student) and easy meals to maybe help inspire some of you to whip up something new this evening for dinner!!

One of my Favourite quick, healthy meals is this Tuna Stake and Kale Salad. It is low in Carbs (perfect for an evening meal as you need less energy in the evening) and is high in Protein and fish oils. Kale is also a great alternative for lettuce in a Salad. Kale is Low in Calories, High in Fibre and has Zero Fat!! It's packed full of Vitamins ( K, A & C) and Antioxidants so get muching guys!!!


I added bread with soy butter as I needed carbs for my evening workout




I buy my (frozen) Tuna Stakes from Aldi in a pack, for 4-5 small stake it costs £3. I Usually start defrosting the Stakes in the morning so they just need to be cooked by dinner time. I lightly fry the stakes using fry light ( a low calorie cooking spray) with some garlic and rosemary. while my stakes are cooking I take my Prepare my kale (roughly chopped) Radishes (sliced) Carrots (uses vegetable peeler to get thin strips) and tomatoes and add a small amount of a low calorie salad dressing of your choice!

If you are not a Tuna Fan you could always swap the fish for Chicken or any other lean protein!!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe

Thats all for now
Sxx

No comments:

Post a Comment