Saturday 28 June 2014

Summer Adventures | Glasgow Science Centre

Sensory Man
"We don't stop Playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing"

What I'll look like in 10 years if I Drink too much :/
Selfie in the upside down room


This week Me and a friend of mine decided to take a day trip out to Glasgow's Science centre. Both of us (now in our mid 20's) haven't visited the Science centre since we were children, and if I'm honest I was a little worried that I was going to be disappointed that is wasn't going to be quite as epic as my 7 year old self remembered! 

We arrived just after Lunch during the week so thankfully the centre wasn't too crowded and overrun with screaming children so we got to play on pretty much everything! The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly all throughout our visit and this defiantly isn't just a place for children!! The top floor help the most fun for myself! They currently have a live bodyworks exhibition where you can scan a card, insert your details into a computer system and interact with all the different games and track your scores, weather it is your height, how fast you can sprint or how lightly you can jump. My personal favourite exhibit was a 2 player game that was centred around mind control. two players took to the opposite end of the table with a ball placed in the middle, they place a band containing electrodes around their head and the less active your brain was (the more calm you were) the more the ball would move towards the opposite players direction! After recently getting into meditation I was an ace at this game, and maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. My friend and I lost complete track of time and spent well over 2/3 hours around all the different levels!

Overall I had an amazing day out. even thought the science centre isn't perhaps the cheapest attraction to visit in Glasgow, if you are going to pay for one tourist attraction I think it is well worth the money!

Have any of you visited the Glasgow Science Centre?

Comment & Subscribe 
Sarah Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment