Tuesday 13 August 2013

Edinburgh Festival '13 | #2








































Week two and I've been busy, busy, busy!! 

The Traverse Theatre is always a first for new Scottish playwriting, and one particular favourite of mine is 'The Events' by David Greig. With a live choir and a cast of two, this play takes you through the motions that protaganist Vicar Claire goes thought after certain life changing 'Events' take place at a choir group she runs.  

Another Show at the Traverse this past week in 'Secret Agent' by Theatre O. This production is pure pleasure for all your senses. Inspired by Joseph Conrad's  novel, this almost intoxicating play sways on the edge of insanity, with an array of colourful characters, highly stylised movment and voluptuous sets.    Tickets are still available of the Traverse Theatre, but it will also be touring after its Festival run and I can't recommend it enough! Click here for more info!

With my one day off this week, I attempted to fill it with some other shows out with the Venue that I work in. I First found myself at the Cameo Theatre to see indie flick 'Frances Ha'. A heat-warming comedy about a Ballet dancer living in New York who still hasn't quite found her place in the world.
In the evening I had my first taste of a semi am-dram production of 'Spring Awakening' by theatre group Ophiuchus Rising. The cast were young, and some were a little too enthusiastic and there was some car crash overacting that was hard to look away from at times. However, two of the leading females vocals really made the show worth while, even if you couldn't always here all of them (and I was sitting only two rows from the front.)

No comments:

Post a Comment