Tuesday 6 August 2013

Edinburgh Festival '13 | #1

Edinburgh (from Inverleith Park)
The Assembly Rooms @ Night
Tickets for 'BLAM!' and 'Andrew Lawrence' 







The Tents are up, the beer gardens filled and the tourists have flocked.... oh it must be festival time!


The Edinburgh Festival is one of the worlds largest events with the Fringe, International and book festival all rolled into over a month of mayhem. I love this time of year. Edinburgh's poetic streets come alive, come rain or shine, crawling with street performers and expectant tourists alike. 
Being a massive lover of the arts, comedy and literature, every year I am drawn to the capital to see what this years variety of playwright, performers and comedians have to offer. 

I have already seen a handful of shows and plan to write mini summaries/ reviews for everything I see 



BLAM! | Pleasance £13

This Danish physical comedy show is described as "when the office meets die hard". Not quite Sure what to make of this, I received comp. tickets to previews of this show so decided to give it a go. The show, made up of 4 office workers and an ever changing office space, is a bit slow to get into but one it takes off it really does quite literally take off! Very inventive and a little different to what I would usually go and see at the Festival... but I can never refuse Danish men!! 

3 Stars | ***




Andrew Lawrence - There Is No Escape | Pleasance £9.50

My first Stand up show this year came from 'slightly' well known comic Andrew Lawrence (BBC Comedy Roadshow and Live at the Apollo). I have never heard much of a buzz around this particular comedian at festival time, and got tickets on a whim with little thought or anticipation. The show lasted a little over 40mins and I would of liked a little more but I enjoyed his self deprecating performance none the less. I saw this particular show during previews so maybe with a larger audience, and a tad more confidence and finesse in the deliverance, Lawrence may be worth the money but I won't find myself rushing to book tickets to his next show.

3 Stars | ***




Whats your Festival Pick this year? Any Recommendations??
Sxx

No comments:

Post a Comment