Thursday 31 January 2013

NYC | The City That Never Sleep... No Neither Did I

Last weekend I had got my second short trip to the capital of the world New York City. Now since my fist trip was a two hour transfer from Glasgow to Montreal... I just knew this one would be better... 


Empire Hotel from GG


Who you gonna call?

Empire State of Mind

'The' bench where Rory met Jess in Gilmore girls (possibly)

Here come the Men in Black

F.R.I.E.N.D.s Building


Two old friends of mine from Australia that I used to live with in Glasgow were there so I took advantage of my long weekend and quickly booked a train and a hotel (for a lot less that I thought I would have to pay) and headed towards the bright lights!!

When travelling to NYC from Montreal most people fly or take the bus.... Flight were very expensive so I looked into the bus and train... The train turned out to be only $84 return (compared to the bus $138) and I had masses of leg room, plug sockets, wifi, the works!! Yes the train did take 11hours but it was so easy to sleep with all the room, or watch movies on your laptop... or just take some time to enjoy the beautiful snow covered New York state scenery. 

I arrived at Penn station just before 9pm and within 10mins I was blinded by the bright lights of Times Square. After dinner at a lovely Turkish restaurant Akdeniz for some of the best Humus in NYC

Day two we packed as much sight seeing in as possible... We started with a TV/Movie tour where we pretty much got to see all the sights from Chuck bass''Empire Hotel" from Gossip Girl to the Headquarters of all the Men in Black films to the F.R.I.E.N.D.S apartment. After the tour we had lunch in the 'how I met your mother' inspired pub McGees then headed straight to SoHo for some retail therapy ... where I then spent far too much in Sephora. 
After Dark we headed up the Empire state building ($25 for general admittance and an extra $17 to get all the way to the top??) A bit of a rip off I must admit but them the views were amazing and I guess only something you really need to do once!! after taking around 100 pictures of New Yorks never ending sky line we headed out for dinner at spanish restaurant El Quijote, nestled into the Chelsea hotel. The food portions were MASSIVE.... one meal could have fed all three of us and the sangria was rather tasty too

After finally getting back to our hotel gone 12 we got cosy and watched a few episodes of classic Friends then headed to bed... since I was up at 6am to catch my train home

All in all I had an amazing time... and I really can't wait to go back again and get my teeth stuck into all the museums and art galleries as well as some shows!!

Thats all for now
Sxx



No comments:

Post a Comment