Friday 11 January 2013

2013 | A Change of Beauty

Happy New Year!!!!!

I've not posted in a while as I have been back home visiting my friends and family of the festives so have been a little busy. 

My trip home was filled with lots of eating, drinking and a HUGE amount of fun, however I did find myself suffering with a little culture shock on my return. In so many ways the UK and North America have so many similarities. We watch the same TV shows, read the same books, shop in the same stores and listen to the same music but it would seem we do not have the same approach to make up and cosmetics.

The first thing I noticed while being out in Canada is there being no fake tan on the shelves. I simply put this down to the fact that Montreal is a far more multi-cultured city, and they sun = less need for fake tan, but I forgot how plastered up the girls back home get! Here in Canada I'm very pale, but natural. Back home I'm very pale.... and since I didn't slap on the fake tan - like every pale girl should?!? - I felt like I stuck out like a sore beaming white thumb!!

The UK beauty industry seemed to be under the impression of 'more is more'!! I was actually shocked to see how much foundation and blush all the girls from back home had slathered on there faces... and most of them were very pretty girls! When driving home I asked my mother if I wore that much make up in the past and it was confirmed that I was just as bronzer happy as a lot of these ladies

As I scanned back through old pictures on Facebook it was clear to see that she was telling the truth (and that my wardrobe left a lot to be desired!!) and all of this got me thinking....

Why do we wear make-up??
Why did it feel so normal to wear so much before?? 
and most importantly
Why have I got such a HUGH amount of it??

My beauty collection before I left for Canada


I (and the vast majority of woman) spend a small fortune on these products every year, money that I'm sure could be better spent so this year I have a pledge..
First I will take note of any cosmetic products I buy to see how much I really spend
Secondly I will try and use up the vast amounts that I already have: Project Pan!!

So Bring on 2013

Sxx


No comments:

Post a Comment