Tuesday 12 June 2012

Olympic Torch Relay: Glasgow 2012!!

Hello There!!!!

In the Run up to London 2012 the Olympic Torch finally reached up north to it's Scottish leg of the tour! Large Scale events like this always get me so excited, i don't know if it's just everybody in the country getting together and getting excited that makes events like this so much fun or if it's just my inner child trying to get out!!




Last Friday (8th) The Olympic Torch was In Glasgow and I managed to convince some of my lovely friends to entertain me in coming down to the city centre to watch the procession and i can safely say i was NOT disappointed!!!

We picked the most amazing spot where the torch passed not once but twice AND we even got to see a torch change over!!!

The Torch Change Over

The Torch is currently in Aberdeen and is heading south to Edinburgh tomorrow (where i'm then dragging my sister to go see it with me again!!) It was amazing to see everybody line the streets of the city wanting to celebrate the UK getting this event and for Glasgow it was a taster of whats to come when we host the Common Wealth Games in 2014!!!


Even managed to get a cheeky picture with one of the Torch Bearer

Have any of you guys been out to see your Olympic Torch Relay?? What did you think??
Thats all for now!!
Sxx

No comments:

Post a Comment