Saturday 16 June 2012

Lifestyle | My Birthday Weekend | Part1

Hello everybody!!!

Its My Birthday (well... was my birthday!!)
On the 14th I turned the ripe old age of 22!! It feels like yesterday i was 21- where did my year go!?!

With friends and family all over Scotland I have been rather busy traveling and being spoiled by everybody!

First Stop Edinburgh!!!
When I heard that the Olympic Torch was going to be in Edinburgh on My birthday I quickly harangued my sister into coming with me. However we found out the torch was going to be leaving edinburgh first thing (6.30am) on my birthday so decided to go see it the evening before instead!
My journey began with a "smashing" start when leaving Glasgow bus station, my bus to edinburgh was involved in a accident when another bus in the station backed straight into it smashing all the windows down one side of the bus!! Thankfully nobody got hurt and after a long time spent waiting, we were finally on our way again on a shiny new bus!!

The Bus after the wee accident!!



The Weather was lovely in the Capital and while waiting for my sister to finish work so we could go see the flame i sat and enjoyed a coffee with a rather spectacular view of the castle!! 



Edinburgh Castle


The morning after (my actual birthday) my sister spoiled me rotten and we went shopping, ate out and bought the most delicious yummy french macaroons from a cute little cake shop just on Hanover st. Everything looked amazing your mouth watered just looking in at their window!! They currently don't have a store in Glasgow but if you live in Aberdeen, Edinburgh or St.Andrews I would recommend going in for some treats!!

Bibi's Bakery...Click Here

After a hard day of shopping we were both pretty beat so spent a lazy evening in eating junk food and watching TV (This is a big treat for me as i don't have a TV back in my flat in Glasgow!!)

Next Morning I had an early morning bus back to Glasgow and safe to say the promised rain drenched The whole city... lucky for me i was safe warm and dry on the bus home!!

Typical 'Scottish' Summer weather :p

I Have done a 'Birthday Haul' Video on my YouTube Channel so you can check it out,



 but for now I have to get back to my Birthday celebrations!! :) 

Thanks all for now
Sxx

No comments:

Post a Comment