Tuesday 19 June 2012

Lifestyle | My Birthday Weekend | Part 2

By Birthday festivities continued over this weekend;

On Friday, after returning from Edinburgh, we had a Flat party and went out!! I go some amazing gifts from my friends, including a 'dirty' french phrase book to use in Montreal and a Retro Olympic passport  holder!! I found out on Friday that i had passed all my Exam with Merit and I would be Canada bound by late August!!! 

I had an amazing party, the highlight being the Birthday cake that two of my friends made for me!!! Lemon drizzle cake with butter lemon icing in the shape of a lipstick... and it has already been demolished!!! 


My Lipstick Birthday Cake



After My party we headed to our usual favourite Friday night haunt.. Propaganda at ABC and danced the night away! Didn't stay out too late as the next morning i was getting a 7.40am train up to Aberdeen to spend some time with friends and my mother.

"BFF"
Back home in Aberdeen all my old school friends came round for dinner, drinks and a gossip!! we had a lovely evening and i got spoiled with lots of bottles of bubble, and one tube of blowing bubbles as i wasn't drinking that weekend!! It was so good to see my friends from up north as I don't get to go home as much as I would like to!!! 

On Sunday my Mother took me out Shopping to get my Birthday present! She treated me to a Kindle Touch!! i had been wanting one before I go away as I don't think I will have room in my suitcase when traveling next year!! I thought i would jump (even if a bit late) onto the game of thrones band wagon and have started reading the first book on my new toy!! 

Before I headed back to Glasgow mum treated me to a meal at one of my favourite restaurants Giraffe.!! I LOVE this restaurant, there is so much food for vegetarians like myself and the staff and atmosphere (as well as the cocktails) are great!! Unfortunately there is only one Giraffe in Scotland and that is the one in Union Square in Aberdeen... the next nearest one is in Manchester (I have even been to that one two!!)

All in all turning 22 was not half as scary as I thought and thanks to all my friends and family I had such a lovely time!!!

Thats all for now
Sxx


No comments:

Post a Comment