Tuesday 24 June 2014

Travel Time | A few days in Malaga



Rocking all the prints
Museo Carmen Thyssen
The Marina 
Hello Sunshine
Malaga
Tapas & Wine | Panorama Bistro Bar


Recently one of my closest friends has moved to the beautiful Costa del Sol to start up a beautiful Italian Restaurant by the beach at Benalmadena. I thought I would make the most of their hospitality... and sample some of their yummy food, and head over to the south of Spain for my 24th Birthday. 

Now anybody who knows me, will know that I am a bit of an over planner when it comes to travelling. I'm not really into schedules, but if I know I'm heading to a new city or country, I feel its integral to do lots of research so you won't miss anything amazing. 

The frist and for most reason for my trip was to spend some much needed time with my friend but I also squeezed in a good few museums, lots of food, some sun and reading.

Malaga is best known for being the birthplace of Picasso. He is not one of my most favoured artists, however the Picasso museum is only 3 Euros entry for a student, so definably worth the money even if your aren't too arty. For me personally, the gem in Malaga's art scene must be the 'Museo Carmen Thyssen'. Entry agin for students was around 3/5 Euros (depending on exhibitions) and they have a collection of some very talented, if not perhaps the best known, Spanish Artists. If you only have time for one art gallery I would defiantly recommend the Carmen Thyssen over Picasso!

Also for those a bit more hands on, Malaga's Interactive Music Museum is the place to go! You get a chance to play with a wide array of musical instruments (who knew the I was a natural on the steal drums) and you can record your creations all through electronic bracelets thought your experience.  Check out the website here

Overall the trip was amazing, it was really good to get out of the city and spend time with loved ones in the sun!

What are your holiday plans?
Do you prefer Beach holidays or City Break?

Comment & Subscribe

Sarahxx

No comments:

Post a Comment